Monday, December 26, 2011

18 Weeks and McMuffin's First Shopping Trip!

We forgot to take it this morning, so I'm extra giant in this pic! lol







How far along?  18 weeks!  Almost half way!  wowzers!!!
Trimester: second
Days to Go: 154!
Baby size: 5.6 inches or the size of a sweet potato or bell pepper!
Baby weight: 6.7oz
Total weight gain: i'm not weighing any more!  At least not on break! haha
Maternity clothes? Yes! All my pants, pretty much, and I'm looking forward to buying some shirts too!  One of my amazing students gave me a $25 gift card to Motherhood!  Can't wait!
Stretch marks? no, but my belly is getting itchy and tight! And awfully full!
Sleep: not as good as it used to be!  the 3/4am wakings to pee are no fun!
Best moment this week: Every moment this week has been great!  I love being in NC with my family, I loved telling everyone that we're having a girl, I loved our special Christmas, and I loved shopping for McMuffin today!
Have you told family and friends: Everyone knows everything now, except for her name!
Miss anything? Drinking with my family! haha
Movement: Not yet... SURELY soon!
Food cravings: none in particular, just food!  And OFTEN!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, thankfully
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out?  In, but getting closer to out every day!  I can see the whole inside of it easily in the mirror, and it's getting itchy so it's definitely changing!
Wedding rings on or off? On, but it is getting a little tighter!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  So happy, in fact, that I'm kind of freaked out that I haven't been more emotional! I am normally the girl who cries at Hallmark, Cotton and Haagen dazs commercials, so the fact that I didn't cry at the heartbeat or our ultrasound or any of this so far has surprised me! I think it's all still so surreal... and I'm so happy! But no irrational tears yet!
Weekly Wisdom: December sales on summer baby clothes are awesome!
Current Reads: Ina May
Looking forward to: getting home and to work on the nursery!  Deciding for SURE on a name!
On the "Honey Do" list: enjoy and relax for now, b/c it's all going to be fast and furious once we get home! It's a downhill slide to parenthood from here on out! :-)


We took a family outing today to go look at baby stuff.  We'd been out and about all day and hadn't really bought anything except the quilt we were looking for that Mama Sue is going to cross stitch, which you can see here:

Quilt and Accessories

And then after hours of shopping we were heading home, but Caitlin wanted to buy a Kindle Fire and they were sold out.  I called all over town for her, and the one place that had one in stock was Toys R Us.  We got there to get her Kindle, but they also had a Babies R Us section, so we went to check that out too... while there, we stumbled upon a "Take an additional 50% off already reduced clearance rack" and we ended up stocking up on tiny little girl clothes:



She has the beginnings of a darling shoe collection!!!  And such a good bargain shopper!  I'm already such a proud mama!  There was a diaper bag we liked earlier today at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $80... But we got this one, which I like better, and full of stuff for $92!  So I think we did good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment