Friday, March 16, 2012

29 Weeks and our trip to Walt Disney World!










How far along? 29 Weeks
Trimester: 3rd trimester! ahh!
Days to Go: 78 days to go... oh boy!
Baby size: 15 and a half inches, or the size of a butternut squash!
Baby weight: 2.5 pounds!
Stretch marks? Still none!  Praise the Lord!  And my belly button isn't feeling quite so tight or sore lately either!
Sleep: Depends on the night!  Some nights I'm having to get up 2 or 3 times to pee.  That sucks!!!  I need to get my sleep before the baby gets here!!! I'm also having more hip pain and needing to roll over more frequently, which is getting harder and harder to do!  Especially in the double-size bed we were in at Disney! Argh! And my body pillow is just starting to make me HOT, more than anything!  So, yeah, sleep and I are growing more distant by the day! :(((  Anyone who knows me knows i love my sleep!
Best moment this week:   Having our picture taken with Mickey and Minnie Mouse!  See above! I can't wait to take Tenley back and get the same picture, but with her on the outside this time!
Miss anything? I miss having a long stride!  This has never been more apparent than it was at Disney, when I had to walk about a bajillion miles a day, and I had to keep asking Luke to slow down, but finally I realized that it wasn't that he was walking too FAST it's just that his legs are long, and so his STRIDE is super long too... and mine is about, ohhh 6 inches these days!  That was a really frustrating realization for me!
Movement: Lots and lots!  Getting stronger and stronger every day!  I love watching my belly thump around.  It's not painful yet, but sometimes I DO think she's stomping on my bladder intentionally! lol
Food cravings:  Actuallly this week, I was randomly NOT hungry... for several days.  Could've just been the traveling, the resort food, thought it's quite yummy food! My belly was pretty displeased about it in general.  So I had to force myself to eat.  That was no fun.  Finally by our last night, I was feeling better just in time to eat in Epcot's World Showcase! My fave!!!  I had a delicious platter of chicken and onions, hummus, cous cous, and parsley salad from a restaurant in Morocco!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular! I have had crazy heartburn that never seems to go away though!  no fun. 
Labor Signs: None yet!
Belly Button in or out? still in! 
Wedding rings on or off? Off.  :(  I like the giant (glass) rock in my $10 claire's ring, but I miss wearing my wedding and engagement rings!!!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Mmmmm I wouldn't say "Moody" so much as "Complainy" perhaps! Or maybe it was just mostly the traveling?  I dunno, but I felt like a Complainy Complainerson this week and I hated to be at Disney and feeling grouchy, but it was hard to be away from home!!!  Especially while pregnant, asking my body to be more physical than I am used to, for longer amounts of time than I'm used to, eat on a different schedule than I'm used to, wait to go to the bathroom for longer than I'm used to, ride on brake-happy charter buses for way longer than necessary, sit in uncomfy airports for longer than you'd like.... and sleep in a teeny tiny bed! In a second story room.... with no roomservice during the day! lol.  But it's ok.  I survived, and I'm glad we got some cool pictures!  I definitely didn't force the issue on some days.  In fact, I stayed in all day on Sunday because it was raining, and we slept in most mornings, and we went back and took a 3 hour nap during the hottest part of the day on Tuesday.  So I tried to listen to my body and do what I needed to do instead of just forcing myself to try to have fun!
Weekly Wisdom:  Ummmm don't go to Disney World when you're preggers.  lol
Current Reads: This week, I took off from reading birth books (or, should I say, feeling guilty about NOT reading the birthbooks I need to be) and I finished the first and second Hunger Games books!  I'm eager to start the third book, but I need to knock out a few things on the to-do list first!  I HATE how slow I read non-fiction when I can blast though a fiction book in a day!
Looking forward to:  Getting the crib in the room and seeing the bedding all put together! Getting the rest of the decorations on the walls!
On the "Honey Do" list: We need to hang the mirror over the changing table and hang some shelves.  I finished the Name letters tonight and I can't wait to hang them on the wall!  Also still need to put up the Family Tree, but I'm waiting on having all the furniture in the room before I commit to decorations on the walls.... just in case we need to do any rearranging if it doesn't fit or feels too crowded.  We picked up the changing table today, and I was a little disappointed in how it looked...  It is a black dresser, with two big openings in the bottom for baskets to go in.  The place I bought it from does custom paint jobs, and they almost always do "shabby chic"ing to the pieces, where they sand down the edges and give it a slightly antiqued or worn look.  When we bought this dresser in January, I talked to the owner about NOT shabby-ing it, because I wasn't sure that would match with the theme of the room that I was going for, but then she told me that I really would want it, and that even people who have them not do the shabby, usually come back and ask them to shabby it later...  so I took her word for it.  But the more I thought about it, I was worried, so when my custom knobs came in from Etsy, I made it a point to go up there and talk to them about not doing the shabby again, and AGAIN I left with her talking me into it, and that I really would want it.  Then I went up there a THIRD time and specifically said I didn't think I wanted the shabby and I talked to the owner and the 2 other worker-women this time, and they all three said it would look great, and not look country, and that it would fit nicely in the modern room that I was planning........  So again, I left agreeing to it, just to do it lightly...   Sure wish I'd been more assertive on the fact that I didn't want that.  Because now, I have a $300 dresser that I'm not 100% happy with and that sucks.  And I paid an arm and a leg for them to paint my cheap crib and toy box.... and they're going to be shabbied too.  Not sure what I want to do about that, because It's already taken them forever to get my stuff finished in the first place, so the last thing I want to do is take it back up there and wait some more.  But at the same time, I've paid this place over $500 so I really should be happy with the finished product... :-/

 On a happier note, when we got home from disney on Wednesday night, I found my custom-made "T" rug I ordered had arrived! LOVE IT!
 Today I recovered the bottom shelves of this little book shelf....

And since I was bummed about the rest of the furniture, I convinced Luke to let me buy that little side table I've been wanting!  It looks super cute next to the chair!  
Notice the awesome curtains with the cute ribbons on top?  Tenley's Aunt Caitlin helped attach those just for her! 

T is for Tenley!

Happy 29 Weeks from Cinderella's Castle! 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun bsbymoon!
    I love love love LOVE her room!!! She's a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete