Monday, January 9, 2012

20 Weeks! Halfway, already???




How far along? 20 Weeks! I made it halfway!  Time is flying by!
Trimester: 2nd
Days to Go: 140 - yikes!  When we get to less than a hundred days... I'm gonna gonna flip!
Baby size: 6.5 inches head to rump, but TEN INCHES head to heel! the size of a small cantaloupe, and the length of a banana!!!
Baby weight: 10.6 ounces!  We grew over TWO whole ounces this week!  wow!!!
Total weight gain:  I'm never getting on a scale again.
Maternity clothes?  yup.  The stretchier and the softer the better!
Stretch marks? not yet.
Sleep: not great, but not bad.
Best moment this week: Having our big medical ultrasound with Dr. Mayberry and seeing our sweet baby girl again!!!  Can't wait! 
Miss anything? moving around with ease and agility! And doing so quietly without groaning! lol
Movement: yeah feeling more and more kicks!  I'm still working on discerning which are her and which are just belly things, but I'm noticing more and more that there is a Person growing inside my tummy!
Food cravings: nothing really specific, just cold and spicy!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  eating too much is getting really uncomfortable and will make me gag.  And I'm not necessarily eating more than usual, theres just less room!
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out?  Getting shallower each day!  
Wedding rings on or off? on!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!! In fact, I've had uncontrollable, unexplainable GIGGLES over the most random, and often not really that funny things!!!  It's fun.   
Weekly Wisdom: Committing to nursery themes and names are hard.
Current Reads: Ina May, lots of great blogs: Gentle Parenting, Raising Natural Kids, The Skeptical Mother, Birth Without Fear, (all of which you can follow on FB) and I need to do more research on Vaccinations.
Looking forward to:  Seeing our baby girl again on Wednesday!
On the "Honey Do" list: Clean your office so we can get the bed out of the nursery please!!! ;-)  And then  lets go buy nursery stufffffs! :-)))  Oooh and I ordered some fabric swatches online so we can try to pick a paint color that will match the fabric I want to use!  Deciding on bedding has been tough, especially with trying to decide about the whole Bumpers vs. No Bumpers vs. Vertical Bumpers hullaballoo! I want my baby to be safe!  But I don't want a plain looking crib!  So.... Hmm.  I dunno.  And I'm also wanting a new couch/sectional and coffee table soon, since our coffee table has sharp glass corners, so I've been doing a lot of looking around/dreaming about that.    UPDATE:  Since I typed this Sunday morning, the office and crib are OFFICIALLY clean and organized!  Nursery is empty and just begging for a coat of teal paint! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment