Tuesday, May 29, 2012

40 Weeks!









How far along? 40 weeks!
Trimester: 3rd!
Days to Go: ????
Baby size: 20 inches, the size of a small pumpkin!!!
Baby weight: 7.5 pounds!
Sleep: Getting worse and worse! haha.  Having to get up MULTIPLE times to pee, seems like every 2.5 hours or so, also having lots of middle of the night-heartburn, my hips are going to sleep more often where I feel like I need to roll over more often, which takes an act of GOD to do! I'm still hot and sweaty unless (or even sometimes if I do) I have a fan blowing right on me!
Best moment this week: Realizing that Tenley didn't arrive before all my family got here!  (Now I just need to make sure she comes out before they all have to leave again!!!)
Miss anything? Yoga! Exercising, sushi, wine! Now that my parents are here, I'm missing Diet Cokes a bunch b/c they like them, but they're being really sweet and not drinking them around me at least!
Movement: Lots and lots! Love watching her squirm!
Food cravings:  Snow cones! lol  That's really the only thing I'm going out of my way to get! lol
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing really lately
Labor Signs: I've been having lots of little contractions!  I usually feel a small pain in my lower belly, and then if I touch the top of my belly it feels all hard and tight everywhere!  It doesn't really hurt at all, and I'm not even sure if I would notice it if I didn't feel the tightness in my tummy!  That's it!  I keep checking for the mucus plug every time I pee, and wondering if my water breaks when I'm in the shower or when I'm going to the bathroom, or whatever, would I know? LOL  Carol says I can't worry about that though! haha  Carol did say that she's "very very very low" and I'm feeling lots of pressure "down there"!
Carol thinks it'll still be a week or so, but I'm hoping she just told us that to alleviate some pressure!
I'm really feeling quite comfortable, all things considered.  I'm ready to meet my sweet daughter!
Belly Button in or out?  Still in, pretty much completely flush with the rest of my belly!
Wedding rings on or off?  Oh definitely off.  ;-)  My hands are still feeling kinda arthritic, not sure if it's the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel or swelling or what.  Carol said I should avoid pork, shellfish, and sugar..... well I'll see what I can do! haha.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!! and very Excited!
Weekly Wisdom: Patience patience patience! Get all the rest you can while you can!
Current Reads:  Finishing the last 50 Shades book!  Then I'm going to try to get through a few more baby books before Tenley arrives!
Looking forward to:  Getting my first labor pain and knowing that meeting my little girl is just around the corner!
On the "Honey Do" list:   Resting!!!


Blew up the birth pool to check for size and leaks!  Got me really excited!! 

For our 40 Week Appt Carol came to our house!  Not a great picture, but I wanted to share anyways! 

"Past Due Date" is what my app said today, the first day after Tenley's due date!

We had a beautiful double rainbow after a storm last night on what was Tenley's due date!!!
I was hoping it was a sign she was going to come, but no! lol

Took this pic on Saturday.  Think we need to take one every day till Tenley comes,
b/c we never know what  day will be  our last day as JUST a couple! 

4 comments:

  1. Awe!! Hurry sweet girl!
    I'm sure your whole family is just wild with anticipation!
    If you try any labor inducing remedies let me know how they work out for you?
    Good LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha we have tried EVERYTHING! Sex, nipple stimulation, walking, spicy food, squatting, ...... only thing i haven't tried that I know of is Castor oil (blech!!!) I have some though for my face wash, so I may get to a point that it sounds do-able! We'll see! I've also heard about pineapple... i dunno what all else! But so far, none of the above have seemed to make a difference BUT I do think she dropped down a bunch today! So maybe those things have accomplished SOMETHING, just not specifically contractions/labor! Know of any other tactics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! My thoughts are...think of the rainbow as a sweet reminder from God that He has a plan & a purpose & He has not forgotten about you or your precious Tenley! His plan is perfect! Also, if your water breaks at a weird time like that you'll probably notice because you will be leaking & dribbling for a while after :) I'm glad you're still in good spirits & making the best of the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to hear of Tenley's arrival. She may have already come by now!
    Many prayers for you guys during this time!

    ReplyDelete